Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I ran about three miles today, at an easy pace,enjoying a pretty October afternoon. I circled back home pleasantly sweaty. I drip for a while after a workout, so to warm down I snatched a broom and swept off spiderwebs from the front porch. I turned to sweep the steps and caught a neighbor lady giving her grey Scottie dog leash enough to lift its leg on the sweet gum tree on part of my lawn. A nice looking lady - also in the sense that she looks like a nice lady, maybe late 40's, fit looking, with a grey curly hair to match her pet. I looked curiously at the dog, perhaps somewhat accusingly, though I didn't care . . . The lady blanched, pulled her dog away from the tree, and ventured a distraction by saying what must have been the first thing to come to mind. "Whew, smells like we have a skunk in the neighborhood!" Remember I am still a bit lathered up from my run. "Gee", says I, "I hope it isn't me! I've just been running." "Oh! No, I don't think it's you!" Perhaps we'd both like a rerun on that exchange. When I see her again sometime with her dog, I will not will not comment on the resemblance.

No comments:

Post a Comment